05 February 2010

butterflies in boxes


a few weeks ago i "met" A.B. (name shortened unless she gives permission or outs herself in the comments) through some comments on a blog we both read. then we exchanged a few emails, and she said she would like to send me a package. i tried not to get my hopes up.. i've heard the same thing a few times before. (cough..konspiracy...cough) she even asked if there is anything i particularly want. anyone who knows me should have a few things in mind already that i answered... i'll just let the pictures do most of the talking.. except to say have you ever seen a bottle of vanilla extract that big?! oh yeah baby, someone's going to go crazy in the kitchen!!

i had tears in my eyes when i was unpacking this stuff.. i mean seriously, a stranger just had it on her heart to bless me... and wow, i am feeling it. (not to mention the trip to the post office helped me get some answers: mom, i think everythings going to be ok) so here it is:

yes, i am a total tom's of maine junkie (i blame my sister-in-law for getting me hooked). and can you believe germany doesn't do peppermint candy??

8 Comments:

At 17:08, Blogger Andrew said...

they don't have peppermint? And somehow always thought that was a European.

 
At 17:36, Blogger xate said...

i can't speak for the rest of europe.. but germany doesnt do peppermint candy.. they have some other minty stuff.. but always with chocolate (also very good, though) sometimes i just miss this taste of home (reminds me of visits to gram)

oh... and cool to see another new face on my blog..

 
At 17:46, Blogger Andrew said...

That's interesting. I spent a semester in Italy (although I never got up to Germany unfortunately) and I don't recall seeing any there either....

 
At 17:53, Blogger xate said...

you should come over.. i recommend the first weekend of august and a small town called borgentreich.... but thats just me (and the freakstock)

 
At 21:00, Blogger Andrew said...

Well, if I'm ever on the continent again I'd love to :)

What is freakstock?

 
At 04:52, Blogger xate said...

it's a festival put on by the jesus freaks (my church)

http://freakstock.de/freakstock-jesus-eng

 
At 11:11, Blogger Tim Bits said...

forgive my ignorance

but what is tims of maine

i realise i could google it but then i'd miss out on the conversation aspect of finding out lol!

 
At 11:19, Blogger xate said...

hey timotheus..
toms of maine is a company that does organic hygene products.. they started off with just toothpaste and have some other stuff now, too (although i only like the toothpaste.. their deoderant just doesnt cut it..)

i like the toothpaste because it has no added sugars (yes, the leading brands all add sugar to toothpaste.. which i feel is counterproductive). therefore, the tom's brand is not as sweet.. but i like it. also, they have more minty flavors than normal.. wintermint, spearamint, peppermint..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home