14 February 2008

valentines and half birthday

who can be against a holiday that was created for the giving of chocolates? yeah, so it's usuallly me, but not this year... this year, i got a valentine. ok, so it isn't from a love interest, but it's still really sweet, and yeah, there was dark chocolate with chili. also a few books on jewish customs and another present- for my half birthday. so maybe as an adult the half-years aren't as important as they were when we were four... but somehow it's stuck with me. not just from the memories of box-mazes in february (which no one builds for me anymore, now that i'm grown up) but also as a symbol. on my half-birthday i now celebrate giving my life to Jesus. that's a birthday in it's own light.
so happy valetines to those of you who haven't heard it yet. and happy birthday to those of you who chose the same rebirth.

2 Comments:

At 15:05, Blogger Michael said...

You got more than I got and gave to my boyfriend!

 
At 16:38, Blogger xate said...

so i guess i shouldn't mention that's not all??
with a 10e gift certificate i got myself some very nice rose-sandalwood lotion, soap, and bathbeeds...
while out on a girl-date with my friend karo, who had invited me to a chick place for vanilla-coffee and chocolate mouse.
and then i had a telephone-date with a certain german man who will not otherwise be mentioned at this time.
but hey, at least you got a relationship.. i'm sorta-kinda still in the jumping-off-a-bridge group, as you put it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home